NO4. Tea Ceremony for over 7 adults. (45min)
All are made by shops of long standing in Kyoto.
You can experience making tea by yourself in addition to watching the way of tea.
Thick tea is typical in tea ceremony, rare to see in Japanese café. The way of tea is a little different from the light one. It’s more elegant and rare to see also.
You can take photos for free. We recommend you to keep tranquil atmosphere during the way of tea, but if you would like to take photos, it’s up to you because it’s private session for your group.
Also in the next waiting room, you can take photos with kimono or Nishijin textiles before or after the tea ceremony experience.
If you have problem with your legs or hard to sit on tatami, please use little chairs suit to tatami room for free.
Seating capacity is approximately 12. (We can accept 25 people at once on the 2nd floor. Please ask me by e-mail.)
Adults 2,700 yen/person
Children 6-12 years old 1,620 yen/person
We sometimes open from the morning for the big group.
Please ask us if you’d like to come in the morning.
- A guide for small group tours. If the number of the guests is over 7, I highly recommend joining this plan.
- Not only watching the demonstration, but also you would like to join the authentic tea ceremony as a guest.
- You would like to learn the proper way of joining tea ceremony as a guest, more than just turning the tea bowl twice.
- You would like to see and use the beautiful tea utensils which represents each season.
- You would like to have lesson in fluent English by a lecturer who has the qualification
- You are also interested in kimono, traditional textiles, Japanese flower arrangement, and fresh sweets.