When we say tea ceremony, it often means a tea ceremony only for light tea, over 10 or 20 people join at once nowadays. Otherwise, that kind of big tea ceremony hadn’t existed in Samurai period when the founder of the tea family had existed. It had been the private (a host & a guest) or few guests in 4.5 tatami mats .
Let’s travel to Samurai period!
You can experience making light tea by yourself in addition to watching the way of thick tea.
Thick tea is typical in tea ceremony, rare to see in Japanese café. The way of tea is a little different from the light one. It’s more elegant and rare to see also. You can take photos for free. We recommend you to keep tranquil atmosphere during the way of tea, but if you would like to take photos, it’s up to you because it’s private session. Also in the next waiting room, you can take photos with kimono or Nishijin textiles before or after the tea ceremony experience.
If you have problem with your legs or hard to sit on tatami, please use little chairs suit to tatami room for free.
- A. 11:45～12:30
- B. 13:00～13:45
- C. 14:15～15:00
- D. 15:30～16:15
- E. 16:45～17:30
- Adults 5400yen/person
- Children 6-12 years old 3240yen/person
*in case you come alone, the price is 8640.
- Photographers: you can take photos of artistic fresh sweets and during the way of tea also.
- Special occasions such as birthday or honeymoon.
- In case you come with small children under 6years old.0-5years children are free. I can prepare hot water for milk and pretty joint mats for babies. Tea Ceremony Koto is the supporter of Kyoto city for raising children.
- Manager of VIP: you can relax in a tea room without paparazzi.
- Not only watching the demonstration, but also you would like to join the authentic tea ceremony as a guest.
- You would like to learn the proper way of joining tea ceremony as a guest, more than just turning the tea bowl twice.
- You would like to see and use the beautiful tea utensils which represents each season.
- You would like to have lesson in fluent English by a lecturer who has the qualification
- You are also interested in kimono, traditional textiles, Japanese flower arrangement, and fresh sweets.