Let’s try Japanese Calligraphy!
Calligraphy is one of the popular workshop in Japan.
Near Higashino subway station, a great instructor who speaks English teaches calligraphy.
It’s rural area of Kyoto, but if you have enough time for staying in Kyoto, Osaka or Shiga, it’s worth visiting.
Higashino station is the third stop from Keage station just 2-3 minutes walk from Westin Miyako Hotel Kyoto, and the third stop from Daigo station (Daigo temple) where we have one of the most beautiful cherry blossoms in the end of March.
- Calligraphy is one of the great art forms displayed all over Kyoto. Come and experience calligraphy for yourself in this short easy workshop.
In 1 hour, you can learn about calligraphy while creating your own unique souvenir from Kyoto
- First, you will learn how to use the tools for calligraphy, such as the brushes, ink, and ink stone. After you practice a few basic brushstrokes, you are ready to go!
- The instructor will assist you in designing a calligraphy piece that is meaningful and unique to you. Don’t worry! Designs range from simple to complex, so no matter your skill level, anyone will be able to find something that looks great
- Finally, after you practice, you can make an attractive souvenir on decorative display board to take home and remember Kyoto.
Get the coupon ticket ! →Coupon2
1 hour workshop fee
☆What is included in a 1 hour workshop fee?
- brush, ink, ink stone are provided for use during the workshop
- 25 sheets of calligraphy paper for practice
- you can take these with you when you leave
- 2 Shikishi cards
- 30 cm of square piece of high-quality display board for your souvenir
- 1 Shikishi stand
- used to display your souvenir in your home
We recommend sitting on a floor during the workshop since it is the traditional way to practice calligraphy. However, we would provide you with a chair and table if you prefer.
Calligraphy workshop @ Open Window Language
Please reserve by e-mail: email@example.com
Address: 13－57 Hyakuhyo-shi cho Higashino Yamashina-ku Kyoto city
☆10 minutes walk from Subway(East & West line) Higashino station.
Please check the detail here!